Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Workshopping

The weekend ended up not being so exploratory, I did some laundry (in a bucket, mind you - it's a bit of a project), read a lot, and went to the pool. Oh and worked on a dreadfully boring course paper. The upcoming weekend I definitely have to go out and about, though, feeling a bit understimulated physically/entertainment-wise. Today I did my first proper research activity, a workshop. At the time it felt pretty miserable at times, because they were a bit hard to get started. There just isn't so much of a discussion culture here, or not the same kind as I'm used to, so you have to find ways around that. We did some group exercises, which I thought worked rather well, and although some of the "results" weren't exactly what I thought, that was a finding in itself. I am doing two more of these, so now I know a bit of what to expect and what to improve on. In hindsight, it was probably ok.

Well, that was a completely uninteresting update, sorry! Here's a cute pic of children going home from school, as a compensation.


1 comment:

  1. I am interested in hearing more about the business of "discussion-culture". I struggel with that as well sometimes. Reflection, analysis, discussions... I guess all of it has to be acheived and also allowed, before the habit of it can become natural.
    Beautifu picture!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete